April 5th and 6th, 2014 at McCoy Pavilion at Ala Moana Beach Park, Honolulu, HI
This is the annual Scottish Festival held on the first weekend of April to celebrate the heritage and history of the Scots.
Festival Admission $1.00
The Grand Scotch Tour V
Featuring a large selection of Scotch whisky and heavy pupus!
The Willows Restaurant
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Friday, March 28, 2014
Grand Scotch Tour Tickets:
$85 at the door
For Reservations, call The Willows at (808) 952-9200
Taste of Scotland Ceilidh
The official welcome party for the Hawaiian Scottish Festival
will be held April 4, 2014
Location and cost to be determined
These events are made possible in part by grants from the Hawai’i Tourism Authority, Mayor’s Office of Economic Development, and the Hawai’i State Foundation on Culture & the Arts. Sponsors also include Tamura’s Market, Southern Wine & Spirits, Young’s Market Company, The Caledonian Society of Hawai’i, the Celtic Pipes & Drums of Hawai’i, and the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society - Hawai’i Branch
The Festival features:
- Highland games and athletics, men's and women's competition prizes (learn about the history of the athletic events).
- Highland Dance competition.
- Entertainment including piping, music, song and dance
- A gathering of Clans from around Hawaii, as well as from the mainland, to display information pertinent to themselves, and invite other members of the clan to join them
- Demonstrations of swordplay, weaving, and fencing
- Vendors featuring Scottish wear, Celtic clothing, jewelry, musical instruments, housewares, etc.
- Food Vendors offering traditional Scottish fare and more (yes, even canned haggis!)
This year the festival is being held at beautiful McCoy Pavilion at Ala Moana Beach Park, Honolulu while Kapiolani Park is undergoing renovations. See map below for directions and location. (To be updated soon)
View Larger Map
(2014 schedule will be posted when it's worked out)
Webmaster: Chuck Jamison ·