April 11th and 12th, 2015 at McCoy Pavilion at Ala Moana Beach Park, Honolulu, HI
This is the annual Scottish Festival held early in April to celebrate the heritage and history of the Scots. The festival will go from 10 am to 6 pm both days.
Festival Admission $1.00
Taste of Scotland Ceilidh
The official welcome party for the Hawaiian Scottish Festival
will be held April 10, 2015 at McCoy Pavillion
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
$5.00 Entrance fee
No host bar
Food for sale
The Grand Scotch Tour VI (TBA)
Featuring a large selection of Scotch whisky and heavy pupus!
(Usually a couple of weeks before the games)
These events are made possible in part by grants from the Hawai’i Tourism Authority, Mayor’s Office of Economic Development, and the Hawai’i State Foundation on Culture & the Arts. Sponsors also include Tamura’s Market, Southern Wine & Spirits, Young’s Market Company, The Caledonian Society of Hawai’i, the Celtic Pipes & Drums of Hawai’i, and the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society - Hawai’i Branch
The Festival features:
- Highland games and athletics, men's and women's competition prizes (learn about the history of the athletic events).
- Highland Dance competition.
- Entertainment including piping, music, song and dance
- A gathering of Clans from around Hawaii, as well as from the mainland, to display information pertinent to themselves, and invite other members of the clan to join them
- Demonstrations of swordplay, weaving, and fencing
- Vendors featuring Scottish wear, Celtic clothing, jewelry, musical instruments, housewares, etc.
- Food Vendors offering traditional Scottish fare and more (yes, even canned haggis!)
This year the festival is again being held at beautiful McCoy Pavilion at Ala Moana Beach Park, Honolulu. See map below for directions and location.
Webmaster: Chuck Jamison ·